Get to know Dr. Andrew
My specific research interests can generally be classified into three areas: (1) leadership in sport, (2) the attraction of sport to participants, spectators, sponsors, employees, and stakeholders, and (3) the effective integration of individuals with disabilities into the sporting environment. Populations studied include United States National Governing Body Presidents and Executive Directors; NBA, PGA/LPGA, and NCAA athletic department employees and volunteers; MLB, NCAA, mixed martial arts, minor league baseball, and minor league ice hockey spectators; recreational, collegiate, elite, and international athletes and coaches; sport participants with disabilities; parents of summer collegiate basketball camp participants; sport and entertainment venue managers; college physical activity program participants; high school sports officials; first-year college students; and sport management faculty.
- Ph.D., Physical Education (Sport Administration), Florida State University
- M.S.E.S.S., Biomechanics, University of Florida
- M.E.S.S., Sport Management, University of Florida
- M.S., Exercise Physiology, University of South Alabama
- B.S., Physical Education, University of South Alabama
- A.A., Pre-Medical Studies, Coastal Alabama Community College
Publications and Other Scholarly Activities
Andrew, D.P.S., Pedersen, P.M., & McEvoy, C.D. (2020). Research Methods and Design in Sport Management (2nd ed.). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Kim, A.C.H., Du, J., & Andrew, D.P.S. (2022). Changes in physical activity and depressive symptoms during COVID-19-related lockdown: United States adult age groups. Frontiers in Psychology. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2022.769930
Dees, W., Cianfrone, B.A., & Andrew, D.P.S. (2022). Show me the money! A review of current issues in the new NIL era. Journal of Applied Sport Management, 13(2). https://doi.org/10.7290/jasm13bamf
Mamo, Y., & Andrew, D.P.S. (2021). Big data in sport organizations: Organizational learning perspectives. International Journal of Sport Management, 22(4), 318-335.
Mamo, Y., Su, Y., & Andrew, D.P.S. (2021). The transformative impact of big data applications in sport marketing: Current and future directions. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJSMS-03-2021-0073
Mamo, Y., Agyemang, K., & Andrew, D.P.S. (2021). The role of culture on fan perceptions of CSR initiatives: A cross-cultural study of NBA fans across three countries. Journal of Global Sport Management. https://doi.org/10.1080/24704067.2021.1928532
Mamo, Y., Agyemang, K.J.A., & Andrew, D.P.S. (2021). Types of CSR initiatives and fans social outcomes: The case of professional sport organizations. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 30(2), 146-160.
Andrew, D.P.S., Grady, J., & Kim, S. (2021). Is there anything unique about Sport Management? An introduction to the JGSM Special Issue on “The Uniqueness of the Sport Context”. Journal of Global Sport Management, 6(1), 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1080/24704067.2019.1641831
Stoll, J.A., Dixon, A.W., Goldsmith, A.L., Andrew, D.P.S., & Chelladurai, P. (2020). Sport tourism entity desired outcomes. Journal of Sport & Tourism, 24(3), 195-213. https://doi.org/10.1080/14775085.2020.1822201
Kim, S., Oh, T., Andrew, D.P.S., & Zheng, J. (2020). Pay dispersion and team performance in the National Basketball Association. International Journal of Applied Sport Sciences, 32(1), 1-14.
- 2022 American Association of University Administrators John L. Blackburn Award for Academic Innovation (Project ElevatED)
- 2022 Education 2.0 Outstanding Leadership Award
- 2021 Commission on Sport Management Accreditation Hall of Fame Award (Distinguished Administrator category)
- 2020 Korean American Association for Sport Management Keynote Speaker Award
- 2019 American Association of University Administrators Goodheer Distinguished Professional Service Award
- 2019 National Association of Kinesiology in Higher Education Fellow (#31)
- 2018 Applied Sport Management Association Scholar Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2017 Florida State University Grads Made Good Award
- 2017 University of South Alabama College of Education 50th Anniversary Top 50 Innovators Award
- 2017 National Association for Kinesiology in Higher Education Distinguished Scholar Award
- 2016 University of South Alabama Lisa Bethea Kavanagh Outstanding Young Alumni Award
- 2015 National Academy of Kinesiology Active Fellow (#546)
- 2015 Southern District of the Society of Health and Physical Educators Scholar Award