David Barney and Dr. Stephen Hennigar received an award from the ACC-CRIA (Center for Research in Intercollegiate Athletics) to help publish their research on the Relationship between dietary intake, diet quality, and biomarkers of health and performance in ACC cross country runners. Of the 22 proposals submitted only 7 were awarded including David and Dr. Hennigar’s proposal.
Taken from the October 22nd press release:
The purpose of the grant program is to fund research examining issues related to college athletics administration. Specifically, the program calls for research proposals with a focus on one of five key areas:
- Student-athlete welfare (mental health, time, physical health)
- Revenue generation (donor relations, ticket sales, arms race of expenditures)
- Athletics organizational behavior (work-life balance, salaries, culture)
- NCAA rules (transfer students, scholarship levels, sports wagering)
- Current issues (NIL, COVID, Social Justice)
Grant recipients will present their findings to ACC athletics administrators at the conference’s spring meeting in 2021. You can view the full press release here.